Friday, May 11, 2012

Week 18 | Laughter


This week I clearing out some of my back up files and what did I find – the photos from my trip and a day filled with so much laughter and new found friendships. 
I think when you battle with yourself like I have now for what feels like a long time you forget how important to laugh it is every day.  

This is a photo of my wonderful friend Jules … A couple of weeks before I left I caught up with Jules and we had a great afternoon and was one of the few times I had laughed in a long time. We always do.... Full of great food and laughter she is one of those people that can be serious as well as completely irreverent. 

It is so true that laughter is the best medicine. I feel like up until 2 years ago I forgot what it was like to truly laugh, drink and dare I say it …but to live again accept the trip for what it is. It was a rare sound for me until a fateful night in Kelowna.  While Pete will underestimate what that night meant to me but that is the night that I truly learnt to laugh again and become me again. 
People underestimate how important it is to laugh and I think I had forgotten. So appreciate the small things… happy laughter, a childs giggle, a quiet smile as it turns to a laughter.   

No comments:

Post a Comment